Looking for new ways to incorporate scrapbooking or just a reason to get your photos out of the box?
What is scrapbooking? It is the art of putting your photos and memorabilia into a book in a way that is significant to you. Anybody can do it. No law exists that says your work has to be like everyone else's. In fact, individuality is a good thing.
Scrapbooking can and has been taken beyond the simple steps of pasting paper together in a notebook. It can be that simple or much more extravagant. You can be traditional or avant-garde. It's totally up to you.
Keeping track of our memorabilia and our families has been around for generations. We will look at what other generations have done that made this artform what it was as well as what it is today.
Besides the traditional moments that are saved into a scrapbook or other archival system, such as weddings, birthdays, and baptisms, will also be projects for kids and adults. Why should anyone keep a scrapbook? People need to communicate in different ways about what is important in their lives. They also want to be remembered (whether or not they say so) and to remember. In addition to that, this site touches on how scrapbooking works into other areas we may not normally think of, in particularly the spiritual or religious or as some have coined, a kind of "reality scrapbooking" daring to touch on less joyful experiences but experiences worth gleaning hope and positive change.
Some have criticized the obsession we have with scrapbooks, thinking it isn't important to go to those lengths to remember the important parts of our lives. First of all, many people value their experiences enough to remember them. Second, most of us do not have memories that don't need a jog from simply a picture but actually need that explanation we left ourselves from years past as to why that picture is there.
Is time an issue? Maybe the reason for not finding the time is not the clock so much as priority. Learn how to make it a priority. Let's be masters of our time, not slaves of it. Realize you can't do everything all at once.
This website is about inspiration in the area of scrapbooking. Several topics in it's regard will continually be added as time goes on or as long as this website owner is still breathing.
Some pages will have sections allowing you to add your own thoughts and content as you feel inspired to do so. You are most welcome to do this. My contact page is also available if you have any questions. I promise to respond as quickly as possible.
Come on in and thank you for visiting. May Scrapbooking Ideas Inspired inspire you to become more involved in our scrapbooking world.
- Scrapbooking Basics
- Scrapbooking basics takes you through its history, tools, budgeting, organizing and more. The beginner scrapbooker can start here. Not a beginner? Sometimes going over the basics is a good reminder.
- Archival Scrapbooking - The Acid Truth!
- Archival scrapbooking regard methods for preserving your memories, important events and discoveries.
- Beginner Scrapbooking Embellishments
- Beginner Scrapbooking Embellishments covers just the tip of the ice-berg in the world of scrapbooking embellishments.
- Embellishments for Scrapbooking
- Embellishments for scrapbooking fall generally into different areas of difficulty once you go beyond basic scrapbooking. Those different scrapbooking embellishments that will be shared here will fall
- Seasonal Scrapbooking
- Seasonal scrapbooking brings one more reason to celebrate and remember the important days we share in our lives. Every month holds a special day for scrapbooking ideas. Find your favorite seasonal sc
- Reality Scrapbooking
- Reality Scrapbooking – Some people may call this an oxymoron, but reality scrapbooking has become its own genre.
- Disney Scrapbooking
- The idea of Disney Scrapbooking layouts and projects was at first daunting to me. Yes, I had been to Disneyland and experienced paraphernalia of Disney trinkets and souvenirs.
- Pet Scrapbooking
- Pet Scrapbooking or making a pet scrapbooking album is an idea that acknowledges these creatures in our lives in a special way. They are not just an animal but often they are very much a part of our
- Religious Scrapbooking – Scrapbooking Our Spiritual Experiences
- Religious Scrapbooking, also known as Faith-scrapping, has become an important part of scrapbooking about our families as well as ourselves. The bent of this article will be toward Christian scrapboo
- Christian Scrapbooking Pages
- Christian Scrapbooking Pages is an offshoot from my page on Religious Scrapbooking. As a way to share how a scrapbook page can be used to convey ideas and symbols beyond the usual scrapbooked subject
- Scrapbook Art
- Scrapbook art is not entirely unlike other forms of expression in the art world. Did you know that artists like Shultz and others used their abilities to speak out and up about things going on in soc
- Scrapbooking Craft - Turning Luggage into Artwork
- Revisiting the scrapbooking craft theme, this is step-by-step instruction on how I put together this project as a birthday gift for a family member.
- Paperbags - Creating a Unique Scrapbook Card
- This is a tutorial on how I made my first scrapbook card out of plastic bags. It was coming up on my sister’s birthday, I saw some colorful paperbags, and I thought, “Why not?” Therefore, I picked t
- Shadow Box Frame - The Red Truck
- How to create a shadow box project
- Mini Album Scrapbook Idea
- Another mini album scrapbook idea which has been done in different ways, or at least bound in several ways, is also known as The Big Fat Book.
- Scrapbooking Cards
- Ever thought about scrapbooking cards? You know everything from putting special cards you received from people in your scrapbook to making them from scratch for special people in your life.
- Heritage Scrapbooking - Researching Your Family Tree Scrapbook
- Heritage scrapbooking involves understanding your own family history. Because there are often gaps in that history or puzzles to be solved, knowing how to do a genealogy search is important.
- Vintage Scrapbooking
- Vintage Scrapbooking seems first to be a narrow subject, in that some people may think of the Victorian era when thinking upon this term. But, obviously, if you are interested in creating a 1950s ins
- Wedding Scrapbook Albums
- Wedding Scrapbook Albums can hold the meaning of your wedding day in a way beyond what a normal photo book may do. After you have made copies and sent out to everyone on your list, it is finally time
- Honeymoon Scrapbooking Ideas
- Inspiring honeymoon scrapbooking ideas via our Honeymoon album
- Honeymoon Scrapbooking Ideas Part 2
- For our own honeymoon scrapbooking ideas, I took many, many photos. I think there were almost 800 or so photos at the end of our trip.
- Scrapbooking as a Business
- Scrapbooking as a business may be the scrapbooking hobbyist’s ultimate dream. Scrapbooking itself is a healthy-growing business industry as it has become the hobby of choice for so many ladies, as w
- Journal Writing
- Journal writing is an important part of the scrapbooking experience. Journal writing can take many different forms and be done for a myriad of reasons. The authors of Classic Scrapbooking, state “We
- Scrapbooking Games
- Scrapbooking Games-Making games out of a craft of backgrounds, themes, and embellishments.
- Scrapbook Reviews
- Scrapbook reviews is about this author's honest evaluation on various scrapbook products.
- My Scrapblog is a mini-journal about Inspired Scrapbooking Ideas. This journal acts like a kind of message board.
- My Scrapblog is a journal of everything that appears on my website as well as anything deemed important enough to share in regard to the subject of scrapbooking.
- SBI Urban Myths
- Urban Myths regarding SBI!
- Sugar In An Envelope Shoppe
- Sugar In An Envelope Shoppe - Handmade greeting cards and more..
- About Me Scrapbooking
- About me scrapbooking with SBI! as my partner. It is about turning my hobby into my own business and how others have done so too!
- Ask Me a Scrapbooking Question
- contact page for scrapbooking questions
- At ScrapbookingIdeasInspired.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and
- Site Map
- Scrapbooking Ideas Inspired Site-Map
- Paper Crafts
- Paper crafts are fun and varied. But to do paper crafts, you have to have some kind of paper. Suppose the paper craft you took on was to create your own papers? Here we will take a good look at a c
- Sorry does seem to be hardest word to get out even when we know that is what we need to say, whether to another human being or to God.
- salt and light
- Salt is a common seasoning in our households and in ancient times it was the difference in the length of time it took for food to rot. At that time people did not have refrigerators to keep their foo